Alpine i902D-G7 Media Station 9" for vw golf 7, Apple CarPlay & Android Car
- Brand: Alpine
- Product Code: i902D-G7
- 1 Year Warranty
- Easy Returns
Recommended Add Ons
This rear-view camera system provides parking safety with cutting-edge camera technology and full touch-screen operation.
It automatically activates when reversing and also mutes the audio so you can hear the parking sensor signals.
Internal windscreen DAB Antenna. Glass Mount DAB Aerial with adhesive and block Housing. Works best in a good to average digital signal strength area. The aerial is unsuitable for use on thermic metallic and heated windows. We recommend for optimum performance you purchase one of our external DAB aerials.
Optional Installation Package
You are being offered an installation at an additional cost. If you select the installation option then this product will be professionally Installed at your home or workplace anywhere in the UK by our own network of accredited engineers. You will be contacted by a member of our installation booking team after you have placed an order.
9” Mobile Media System for Volkswagen Golf 7, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility - i902D-G7
Alpine introduces the 2nd generation Alpine Style system for the Golf 7: get perfect system integration in your Golf, paired with the latest features. Only Alpine offers the biggest screen size possible (9-inch), as well as extensive media options including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. You also get high-end sound quality and sound tuning options with this great system.
Perfect vehicle integration with premium components.
Performance without compromise.
High-resolution 9-inch touch screen
Turn your dashboard into a high-end cinematic experience: the highlight of the Alpine system is the high-resolution 9-inch touch screen – the largest screen for a Volkswagen Golf 7 dashboard to date. In fact, it is more than twice the size than the standard 5-inch RNS 310/315 screen found in most Golf 7. This extra-large size display will amaze you by its brilliant, high-resolution image quality – you must see it to believe it.
|Steering Wheel Control Buttons
The Alpine system is connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have full control over volume, phone, audio track forward/backward and many other commands. You can even activate Siri voice control if you have an iPhone connected to the system – right from your steering wheel.
|Driver Information Display
The small display in the instrument cluster is also connected to the Alpine system and can display radio station names, song titles and artist information, caller names, navigation turn-by-turn arrows and much more.
If your car is equipped with original parking sensors, you can continue to use this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine. The parking sensor system is connected to your Alpine screen, showing a convenient distance display and providing proximity sounds with automatic mute of the music when parking your car. The i902D-G7/ X902D-G7 features our 2nd generation parking sensor display with much higher display detail.
|Rear View Camera
If your Golf 7 has the original VW reversing camera installed it can be simply connected to the Alpine system as well. The camera activates automatically when reversing. If your car is not equipped with the original reversing camera we recommend upgrading with this useful feature.
The Alpine system is compatible with the Golf 7’s electronic system. Vehicle settings and information such as Turbo pressure are displayed on the Alpine 9-inch screen.
|Compatible with Dynaudio Sound System
The Alpine Style systems are compatible with the original Golf 7 Dynaudio sound system. All you need is the APF-H100DY interface that allows connection of your Alpine Style unit to the Dynaudio amplifier.
The Alpine system automatically starts up when the driver unlocks the car with his key. A selectable start-up screen will appear right away for a nice welcome - and by the time all passengers are seated the system is fully booted and ready to use. Alpine offers 4 basic opening screens (Golf, GTI, GTD and R), but it is very easy to create any custom image and upload it to the system.
|Air Condition Display
The i902D-G7 / X902D-G7 gives you visual feedback for the selected temperature of driver and co-driver, AC status, seat heating level, selected air vents and more. This screen will automatically appear for a few seconds when any of the named settings is changed to give the driver feedback.
|Wireless Charging Console
A very useful accessory for your Golf 7 is the Wireless Charging Console KCE-G7QI. This little rubber pad fits perfectly into the Golf 7’s centre console and provides Qi compatible inductive charging for your wireless charging enabled mobile phone. The KCE-G7QI works with any Golf 7 regardless of original radio or aftermarket system.
Your Personal Media Expert
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod touch or iPhone via HDMI to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 9-inch display. Alpine even offers an all-new DVB-T2 tuner (TUE-T220DV) if you like to watch TV programs while you are waiting in traffic jams. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
|Works with Apple CarPlay
The innovative i902D-G7 / X902D-G7 with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
|Works with Android Auto
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you useful information, and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they're needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the i902D-G7 / X902D-G7 for improved accuracy when using the navi apps.
|Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
|Connect Your Smartphone
If you do not want to use Apple CarPlay or you own an iPhone 4 / 4S for example, you can still connect it and use the Alpine audio player to enjoy all your music in your car and charge your phone.
|DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
|Optional DVD Player
Upgrade your Alpine Infotainment system with DVD and CD playback capability. The DVE-5300 is 1DIN size and can be custom installed in the glove box or any other place. It uses HDMI technology for stunning image quality and can be fully controlled from the touch screen.
The X902D-G7 includes a special cable that connects the USB / AUX port in the center control with your Alpine system to maintain these useful connectors.
|Hi-Res Audio Playback
This Alpine unit can playback audio files in FLAC format – including 24/96 and 24/192 Hi-Res Audio compatibility.
The i902D-G7 / X902D-G7 offers extensive sound adjustment options to get the best out of your Golf sound system and to adjust the sound to your taste and preferences. The built-in Dual 9-band Parametric EQ allows separate adjustment for the front and rear channels with professional detail. If your Golf 7 has an original Dynaudio sound system, you can connect your Alpine system by using the sound system adapter APF-H100DY.
10 pre-defined EQ settings allow for fast changing to different sound modes, such as Rock, Pop and Jazz.
|Fader and Balance
You can simply use the touch screen to drag the crosshair to the desired location on the car interior image to make fader and balance adjustments.
The digital crossover allows you to adjust cut-off frequencies for your speakers. This ensures a matching sound signal that can be accepted by your speakers without distortion.
|Digital Time Correction
Time Correction allows you to virtually adjust the distance of each speaker by delaying the signals of speakers closest to you. This gives the impression of listening from a central position.
|Online Navigation with Apple CarPlay
When you’re driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turn spoken directions and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long it’s going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit twice, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
|Online Navigation with Android Auto
Let Google Maps lead the way. It’s easy to get where you’re going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The X902D-G7 works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto can even access the Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
- Memory Pre-sets (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Pre-set: 18 Pre-set Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Pre-set Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: compatible with all models except 1st and 2nd generation iPhone
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Works with Apple CarPlay (requires CarPlay enabled iPhone)
- Works with Android Auto (Requires Android Auto enabled smartphone)
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC compatible
- Video Playback: MP4 compatible
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 2 V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 9′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favourites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2 V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer) KTX-PRE1 Required (Sold separately)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input (3.5mm micro jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras / compatible with original camera
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rear-view Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Original Golf 6 hands-free Microphone Connection
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
- Screen Size: 9 inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 - 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 - 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ′′.m4a′′ file
- Flac Decoding
- USB Video playback (AVI/MP4/MKV file with H.264 Video and MP3/AAC Audio)
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 - 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- Dynamic Range(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
GPS / Glonass
- GPS / Glonass compatible navigation antenna included
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V3.0+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- High Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- High Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- High Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- Low Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 - 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 - 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 - 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 - 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 - 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 - 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k - 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k - 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k - 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k - 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- i902D-G7 / X902D-G7: Fits for Volkswagen Golf 7
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 164 mm
|Make||Model||Varitions||Radio||Year From||Year To||Notes|
5G1, BA5 (01-11-2012 > )
||2013||2017||See Note(s) Below|
|Volkswagen||Golf 7 (VII)||2013||2017||See Note(s) Below|
NOTE 1: Excluding Golf Sportsvan, e-Golf, GTE and cars with Active Info Display (AID). We are not able to retain the traffic sign recognition. A few other functions or settings are retained but may be controlled in a different fashion.
NOTE 2: Not for cars with Discover Pro
|We recommend you have your installation carried out by a qualified installer. If you wish Car Communications to carry out the installation at an address of your choice anywhere in the UK please select from addons above before adding to cart. During the checkout you will be asked your preferred date(s) and time for the installation.|
|Product Type||Car Stereo|
|Car Stereo Spec|
|Car Stereo Main Features||Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, Double DIN, DAB, Touchscreen, Phone Mirror, Android, AUX, USB, iPod/iPhone, HDMI Mirroring, Android Auto|
9” Touch Screen Navigation for Skoda Octavia 3 with TomTom maps, compatible with Apple CarPlay and A..
9” Touch Screen Navigation for Volkswagen Golf 7 with TomTom maps, compatible with Apple CarPlay and..
9” Touch Screen Navigation for Volkswagen Golf 6 with TomTom maps, compatible with Apple CarPlay and..
9” Mobile Media System for Volkswagen Golf 6, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility..
9” Touch Screen Navigation for Fiat Ducato 3, Citroën Jumper 2 and Peugeot Boxer 2 with TomTom maps,..