Ross-Tech - Intelligent Dual-K Plus CAN USB Interface
- Product Code: Duak K Plus USB Interface
- 1 Year Warranty
- Easy Returns
Intelligent Dual-K Plus CAN USB Interface
This interface comes with an OBD-II type connector which plugs right in to most 1994 and newer VW's and 1996 and newer Audis. Most 1990-1995 Audis and 1990-1993 VW's have the "2x2" data link connector.
- USB connector plugs into most modern laptops! (USB 1.1 or 2.0)
- A Serial Port version is also available
- Compatible with all the latest cars which require a direct CAN connection for diagnostics.
- Fully backwards compatible with older cars using a single K-line or
- K plus L.
- Protocol timing indistinguishable from a real VAG/VAS tool. Works reliably even with "difficult" control modules such as the 1991-1994 1Z Audi TDIs and the 1993-1994 Audi 2.6L with Hella ECU.
- Built-In VAG-Saver functionality -- instantly alerts the user if either the K/K1 line or the L/K2 line is shorted to Ground or Vbatt.
- Full support for dual-K lines found in "new" (B6/8E chassis Audi A4 and 2002+ Audi A6 -- no VAS-6017 required -- no manual switches!
- Bi-Color (red/green) status/activity LED
- 12 month guarantee against defects.
We recommend at least a 1 GHz Pentium-3 (or AMD equivalent) with 128 MB of RAM and Windows XP or newer. Windows Vista or 7 on a machine robust enough to support the respective operating system are also fine. As of version 10.6, we no longer support Windows 95, 98, ME or NT4. If you're using a PC that has a CPU speed less than 1 GHz and which has a Serial port, then you should consider the Serial HEX-COM+CAN instead.
Extending this Interface
The cable on this interface is about 6 feet long -- just right for most laptops. The USB standards do not allow for passive extension cords! We have tested many Active USB extensions and have found one that works. You can order the 16-ft Active USB Extension from our Store. We do not sell or support any other brands or models of USB extensions, if you have problems when using one, the first thing we're going to tell you is to eliminate the extension.
This interface performs best with Windows XP, Vista or 7. It can be used with Windows 2000, but performance may be somewhat degraded if using Windows 2000 and compatibility with "difficult" control modules may be reduced.
|Make||Model||Varitions||Radio||Year From||Year To||Notes|
|Audi||All Models||1990||2012||See note(s) below|
|SEAT||All Models||1990||2012||See note(s) below|
|Skoda||All Models||1990||2012||See note(s) below|
|Volkswagen||All Models||1990||2012||See note(s) below|
This interface requires a special driver to be installed on your PC. It does not emulate a COM port. That means this interface will not work with any other software besides VCDS.
Install the VCDS software on your computer. The rest is plug and play operation. Refer to the documentation.
|Product Type||Coding Tools|